August 31 : September Voice Submissions Due
September 3 : School Closed, Labor Day
September 4 : Project Cornerstone Meeting
September 7 : Deadline for DirectoryUpdates/Changes
September 14 : Walk-a-Thon
September 19 : Restaurant Night, Armadillo Willy’s
Palo Verde and PTA News
Please Return your Palo Verde PTA One Check Form by September 7
Thanks to all the families who’ve returned their Palo Verde PTA one check form already. If you have not, please do so by Sept 7th. If you’ve misplaced the form in the tidal wave of back to school information, you can find the PDF online at: http://tinyurl.com/dyozqda or request a copy by email@example.com. Return your form and your check to the Palo Verde office.
The one check form is your way to give money to the following areas:
- Per student school supply fee: rather than receiving a shopping list from each of your child’s teacher as parents do at some schools, you simply pay a fee to the PTA at the beginning of the year and the needed materials are procured for you
- PTA membership dues: Being a PTA member gives YOU a vote on all PTA issues, including budget and school support. Join the largest child advocacy organization in California today.
- Library Book Donation: Help our extraordinary librarian update and expand our library’s collection!
2012-2013 PV Student Directory
The PV student directory is a valuable communications resource that contains contact information enabling the school staff, PTA, site council & parents to communicate with one another regarding school or class information. The directory is published exclusively for the convenience of school staff & families. We would like to publish the directory ASAP but WE NEED YOUR HELP. Thanks to all the families who already added, updated or confirmed their information
Returning Families: Please confirm or update your family’s information. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to update your information. If we don’t hear from you by September 7, your family’s information will be published as it appeared in last year’s directory.
NEW Families (or families NOT listed in last year’s directory): Please fill out & return the blue form in the BTS packet (return it to the office). If we don’t hear from you by September 7, then only information from the district (approved by you for release during registration) will be included in this year’s directory. If no information is available, then only your child’s first name & first initial of his/her last name will be included in the directory.
All directory communications are due by Friday, September 7. Forms can be returned to the school office. Email Lili at email@example.com if you have questions.
Spirit Gear Orders
Show off your school spirit by wearing the Palo Verde logo!
More information will be coming home via Friday Folders soon. Walk On!
Take advantage of PiE’s Challenge Grant! EVERY DOLLAR donated to PiE through September 7, 2012 will be matched up to a total of $300,000. PiE is the education foundation serving all of Palo Alto that funds essential staff and programs for PAUSD schools. PiE helps fill the gap left by state education funding cuts, and preserves critical staff and important programs at Palo Verde.
What PiE funds at Palo Verde:
– Classroom aides, so that every child has one more person to support his/her needs in the classroom. The aide not only assists students, but also enables the teacher to spend more time with small groups of students or with individuals
– Spectra Art, so that every child can enjoy art lessons and the creativity and confidence they build
– Project Resilience programs, building developmental assets and resilience for all students to bring into the classroom
– Additional reading specialist time, providing extra support in reading to those who most need it, enabling the classroom to tackle more advanced material and to progress in reading proficiency
Without PiE donations, we would not have these aides or these programs.
How to Donate:
Donate online at http://www.papie.org/
Drop your donation at the school office
With Safeway’s Back to Schools Program in Progress, Now Is a GREAT Time to Register for eScrip for Palo Verde!
As many of you know, through our relationship with eScrip, we can raise funds for Palo Verde just by shopping at Safeway and other merchants.
We can raise even more through September 11th , when manufacturers of over 5,000 products sold in Safeway stores will contribute an additional 10% of sales to schools such as ours as part of Safeway’s Back to Schools program.
If your Safeway Club Card is already registered with eScrip, great! Your contributions will automatically be sent to Palo Verde every time you enter your Safeway Club Card or associated phone number when you shop at Safeway.
If you don’t remember your Safeway Club Card Number, call Safeway Customer Service at 1-877-723-3929 – they will happily help you identify your number.
Don’t hesitate to contact the Palo Verde eScrip Coordinator, Callie Turk, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Developmental Assets Workshop – “Take It Personally Asset Champion Training”