WHY PTA? (source https://capta.org/join/)
The Palo Verde PTA is a non-profit organization comprised of parent and staff volunteers all of whom work closely to advocate for, support, and help every child thrive academically and socio-emotionally.
How Does the Palo Verde PTA Benefit Every Child?
The Palo Verde PTA allocates 100% of the money raised from parent donations to fundraisers such as the Spring Auction, the Walk-a-thon, Restaurant Nights, Note Cards, eScrip, PTA membership, and the book fair to:
1. Help pay for reader’s workshop in which all our teachers learn about various methods of teaching reading skills to our kids.Pay for teacher discretionary funds, that help teachers buy extra materials to enrich the classroom experience.
2. Bulk purchase school supplies using the $50/child school supply fee to make sure every child has whatever supplies are needed in the classroom.
3. Set aside funds annually for the library to ensure that our kids have the best and latest reading materials.
4. Set aside funds for the Palo Alto Children’s Theater to set up a production at our school to offer all our 3-5 graders an enriching theater experience.
5. Provide opportunities to all our kids to participate in a wide range of activities during lunch such as the Walking club, Noon Art, Noon Games, and Project Cornerstone Noontime Extensions.
6. Offer academic enrichment programs such as STEAM Night, Science Night, Math Night, Art Night, and Science Fair.
7. Make our school a safe place for all our kids by supporting Project Cornerstone.
8. Bring our community together with social events such as the International Fair, ice skating event, parent-education meetings, coffee socials at assemblies, the very popular Talent Show and many more.
Who Runs These Programs?
All of our PTA supported programs (except the reader’s workshop) are run by parent volunteers. Each program has an allocated budget. Every expense made by the parent volunteer to run a PTA sponsored program is reimbursable.
There are numerous parent groups out there, but there is only one PTA. Connecting families and schools for 120 years, PTA is the largest children’s advocacy organization in the country. Here are just a few reasons to join the Palo Verde PTA:
- Connect Find out what’s happening in your school and develop a relationship with your child’s teacher and principal.
- Discover The PTA offers a variety of programs and materials for students, parents, families, schools and communities.
- Speak upPTA gives you a “seat at the table” when important decisions are made about your child’s school.
- Be a role model By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Make a difference Our members have helped advance local, state and national laws and policies to improve the education, health and safety of all children.
How do I Join?
To become a Palo Verde PTA member please register here. Caregivers and grandparents are also welcome to become Palo Verde PTA members. Thank you for your support.
PTA Membership Perks (https://capta.org/join/member-perks/)
California State PTA perks are updated quarterly, some offers may expire before the next round of updates.